COMMUNICATION WITH PARENTS
Both teachers and parents are partners in their child’s successful preparation for school. A good communication between parents and teachers can put the basis of a viable support in order to strengthen the classroom activities. This is the reason why Pick Me Academy comes in the parent’s help for these to have a better understanding of the way their child is being helped to prepare himself for school inside the nursery, and also for the parents to find out about their child’s progress according to the development standards.
This way, both the nursery and the parents have a great benefit; parents learn about the ways they can help their children at home, and the nursery has better knowledge about the child’s historical and experiences.
At Pick Me Academy the communication with the parents is tight and it is realized throughout :
- Daily Report - a note which parents receive everyday from the teacher or preschool teacher, where they are informed about their child’s evolution (2-4 years old classes)
- Project Planning - each parent receives an email which describes in big lines all the activities that are going to take place in their daughter’s or son’s class during an entire project
- Project Report – realized on the basis of the information of an entire project activity and it is sent to the parents at the end of it, in order to inform them whether the child needs support
- Email correspondence – the information contained in an email can be announcements related to events which can occur inside the classroom or inside Pick Me or the weekly menu. You can also find both these information and the menu on the entrance door of the nursery.
- Face to face communication with parents in both takeover and handover of the child
- Events in which the parents are involved(Halloween Bazaar, Mother’s Day, Career Week, Book Week, Christmas Bazaar, Birthdays)
- Final semester report - represent your son’s or daughter’s evolution during an entire semester, taking into account all the objectives that he/she should have attained during this whole period of time. At the same time these kind of projects offer advice and name the things that should be strengthened at home. These reports are being sent via email twice a year in February and in June. In the case the parents want more details about the project they are invited to set up an appointment with the Lead teacher of the class.
- Administrative meetings – every time they are needed (with the administrative manager).
- Permanent video monitoring in the classrooms and in the playground.
- Facebook - on the facebook page of our nursery you can find photos and information about our scholar events.